Monday, November 29, 2010

Novemer 29, 2010

Today was a day full of frenzied working to make sure I got everything taken care of before my 4 days off that I have due to my mom's visit. Her flight came in this afternoon and when she got here we went to the commissary and the Navy Exchange to get gorceries and other necessities. 
We ended up getting organic mac and cheese, coffee for her morning routine, oatmeal, salad, tea, water, yogurt, many veggies and ranch dip, many many fruits including red plums, danjou pears, kiwifruit, bananas, and something I've never tried before, a pummelo--it looks like a huge lime. We also got things to make dinner this week as well, but you'll see that as we make it :)

For luch today before I picked up mom from the airport, one of my coworkers decided to go to a lunchwagon near the hospital and get lunch for everyone. I tried something very different that I have never tasted before. It was a Japanese dish called chicken sukiyaki, and it looked like this:

Chicken sukiyaki
This dish consisted of sliced chicken, various veggies, and rice noodles. It was just okay.

For dinner we had turkey burgers.

Ingredients

Meat mixture

Zach's specialty: fried onion strings

My plate :)

We're hitting the gym at a bright and early 7 a.m. tomorrow, and we'll figure out the dinner menu at some point throughout the day.

2 comments:

  1. Omgosh those onion strings look so good, you have to post a recipe!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will include that in a post very soon, thanks for the feedback :)

    -Jenna

    ReplyDelete