Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Beginning-November 27, 2010

I am starting this blog as a way to keep track of my workouts. I believe that it will also motivate me to continue to work out and be active and fit. This blog will most likely also end up being a little bit of a food/everyday life blog as well. I enjoy going to classes at the gym. The classes that I attend (with my gym buddy) are Zumba and Bootcamp on Mondays and Wednesdays, respectively. On Tuesday, Thursday, and some Fridays, I meet up with my gym buddy Tammy and I do the elliptical while she bikes or runs, then we go hardcore in the weight room, hahaha, and last week I started adding the bike to the end of my workouts. On the weekends, I normally try to hike with my husband Zach and Tammy and her husband Matt. I recently invested in a Polar FT4 heart rate monitor and I LOVE it. It's the best addition to my workout ever. While I do not count calories or diet obsessively like some people, I just HAVE to know how many calories I burn in a workout. I like to keep track of it and try to improve on my amount of calories burned and my cardiovascular endurance.

2 comments:

  1. excellent! i love it!! and i love your description of how we tear it up in the weight room :) hahaha i'll start doing the bike with you at the end though :)

    ReplyDelete